September 30th, 2010 § § permalink
Host: Hirohashi Ryou
Guest: Fujita Saki
Radio for WORKING!! hosted by Hirohashi Ryou(Yamada) and a different guest from the show every week or so. By the way, the name comes from “Yamada + Working!! = YamaKing!!”. I still see Mountain King, or Yamada King but whatever.
- Saki starts off with a Miku impression lol, saying “I’m actually not human, I’m a robot” in Miku mode :D
- Saki mentions that she couldn’t stop laughing while she listened to the drama CD for Working!! Hmm I think I’ll go grab it now…. :D
- Hirohashi notes that though she has a good memory for some small things, she’s terrible at remembering things when it counts. She mentions that she couldn’t ever remember her underclassmen’s faces and names, to which Saki tells her off for lol.
- They talk a bit about the Working!! event a couple of months back, sounded fun :D, though they said they couldn’t remember it too well now since it was a few months ago.
- Hirohashi: “You three [who were singing the OP: Kitamura Eri, Asumi Kana, Fujita Saki] were great, you should just form a unit!”
- Hirohashi remembers the onsen episode in Working!! and notes that there are a lot of onsen episodes in various anime lol. She then hints at the fanservice reason behind it ahaha.
- They start talking about how self-conscious Inami was about her flat chest, Saki then mentions that in the audio commentary for that scene, where she was with Asumi Kana, they were talking about the same thing.
Hirohashi then notes that although Poplar’s small, she has a large chest lol.
Hirohashi: Poplar’s small, height wise, I mean but… She’s got a… “Properly” developed chest.
Saki: Rather than properly developed, I’d say it’s enviously big.
It’s funny to hear these things from the seiyuu themself heh.
- When talking about their past part time jobs they’ve done, Saki says she worked at a gym while she was at Uni. She continued to work there throughout the years she was in Uni.
- Listener sends in a mail where a lady in a rental video shop on occasion exclaims to her self “What a terrible name…” while filing AV videos. Hirohashi replies by saying “Ah I think I know that feeling… They might as well put a better name for them!” lol. Well yeah, there are some terrible names out there for AV movies aren’t there lawl. Also the two of them were treading around this mail pretty lightly haha.
YAMAKING!! still continues to this day, with Kitamura Eri guesting on the latest episode, and Hikasa Youko on the previous episode, it seems pretty popular as well. Hirohashi is a fun radio host :)
September 24th, 2010 § § permalink
Hosts: Sugita Tomokazu, Imai Asami, Kondou Kanako
Guest: Ueda Kana
Lol was that Mingosu and Sugita flirting at the start? :O
- Imai complains that Makoto’s moves were flashier than Tsubaki’s. Were they? I thought Tsubaki’s were pretty flashy already?
- Kana comments that Rachel seems a bit kinder compared to the first BlazBlue.
- Kana complains about the narration work for the training mode, reading out all the terms and how many words there actually were lol. She tries to push it onto Imai if theres a next time, but she refuses hah.
- Sugita tells Kanako to say something kinda ero in the mood of Noel’s dakimakura lol. Oi Sugita isn’t that sexual harassment? lool
Sugita mentions Nakamura three separate times this episode lol.
September 22nd, 2010 § § permalink
Host: Mizuki Nana
Guest: Tamura Yukari
Nana’s normal partner Fukuen Misato is absent due to her throat not feeling well so Nana calls in Tamura Yukari! \o/ Yukari had guested a couple times over the years so she’s not much of a stranger to Smile Gang, though she did laugh at how scattered the show was from time to time. Nana x Yukarin radio is rare~ <3
- Nana asks Misato if she goes back to her hometown for Obon, and Yukari answers pretending to be Misato.
Nana: “You’re not Misato are you?”
Yukari: “That’s not true! I am Misato!”
Nana: “But Misato’s voice isn’t that high…”
Yukari: *Lowers her voice really far* “I’m Misato”
- Nana messaged Yukari the night before, while she was eating, with a really frank mail commanding her to come in lol.
- They start off by picking on each other’s home town, started by Nana pointing out Ehime’s good points compared to Fukuoka. Nana~ You shouldn’t pick a fight you can’t win~ lol. Ehime/Niihama is kinda removed compared to Fukuoka lol.
Yukari: “Well for starters, no one knows where Ehime is!”
Nana: “Ehime is right next to Fukuoka!”
- Yukari comments that Nana rode on a boat on her DVD and quoted her saying “Ah look at all those fish!” Nana gets embarrassed that Yukari watched her DVD lol.
- Nana talks about a time recently when she went into a beauty salon and was having a friendly conversation with a 20 year old man there, but when she mentioned she was 28 years old he goes “…Huh?” and starts getting really distant. Her finishing comment was “28 years old is still young! *in tears*” ahaha. Even now Nana looks 18 years old lool. Same goes to Yukari >_>.
- Yukari comments that Nana seems really energetic, more than usual, and while flustered, Nana explains it by saying that after all these years of doing Smile Gang this is the first time without Misato and that she’s on her own with Yukari. Yukari then says “Nana’s cuter than normal today!” to which Nana pauses and then goes all dere dere lol. Nanoha x Fate? Hah.
- A listener sends in a mail talking about his girlfriend liking the smell of cow manure even though it stinks and asks if the two of them were the same. Nana and Yukari unanimously agreed that cow manure is out, but Nana mentions that she likes the musty smell of an A/C when it hasn’t been used in a while. Yukari then says “Eww thats creepy… … Ehime’s pretty strange~” to Nana’s despair lol.
- Nana asks Yukari to talk about her new single at the time, Bambino Bambina, Yukari then says she has no idea what to say at these times. Nana notes that during events, whenever they’re asked to talk about the series Yukari always pushes it onto Nana lol. Yeah I’ve noticed that as well~
Yukari then forgets the release date and gets it wrong lol.
- Another listener sends in a mail about his girlfriend, to which Yukari responds “Huh.. Everyone listening to this radio seems to have a girlfriend… It’s a real girlfriend right?” Nana laughs and becomes flustered, trying to say that they exist, though unsure of what exactly to say, but continues laughing ahahaha. Yukari then goes on to say “I’m pretty sure the listeners in my radio who have a girlfriend are just pretending they do” LOL Yukarin~! This is why we love you~ <3
Yukari hasn’t guested on Smile Gang ever since this episode unfortunately :( I love listening to these two but I haven’t heard them recently. They seem really close so it’s fun to join the Nana x Yukarin/NanoFate bandwagon every now and again~ Lol.
September 16th, 2010 § § permalink
Kotobuki Minako’s Shiny+ debuts at #9 on Oricon’s daily charts. Congrats to her, especially without a tie in :O.
Interestingly enough, I don’t think any of the Sphere girls has ever gone above #9 in Oricon’s daily rankings for their solo work, though they’ve hit #9 many times. The streak continues? Heh.
September 12th, 2010 § § permalink
A rough scribble of information of what I know about Supercell’s vocalist. I’ve been a huge fan of her work ever since she was a budding nicovideo singer.
Imagine my disappointment when she disappeared, and then my rejoice when Supercell releases the Melt 3M remix and out of the blue there she is :O. I remember rumours such as “Gazelle = ryo!?!?!” and other crazy stuff going around at the time, it was fun to watch :D.
I love her singing and her voice <3.
To be honest, she wasn’t an amazing singer back when she had first started on nico, but she’s really REALLY improved over the years and her Supercell work is top notch. <3
(*Cough* Certain parts of Oshiete Ageru were still a bit flat though but I love her nonetheless~!)
- Born 1987/05/31 (Age 23)
- She does composing work of her own outside Supercell in the doujin scene, mainly under the Yanaginagi name. I also recall hearing her talk about an organ she had learnt to play in her childhood.
- Was in contact with Supercell’s Ryo before she joined him in Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari. If I recall correctly, Ryo got to know her after hearing her cover of the Nicovideo Kumikyoku on Nicovideo.
- Abandoned her old personal blog on 2006. Corleonis blog at http://leonis.blog.shinobi.jp/ also dropped when she switched to Ameblo where she is at currently.
- Likes colouring(re:sticking stuff on) her nails (Like every other girl in Japan [lol]).
- Still active in singing and composing outside of Supercell.
- She loves Hatsune Miku, I remember listening to a recording of her a while after it’s release saying “I recently bought Hatsune Miku… And really, Miku is so so cute… Seriously.”
- She’s a big fan of Sound Horizon. The music she composes really has that kind of feel too.
- Twitter account on http://twitter.com/yanaginagi
- Close friends with Annabel (anNina, CANAAN ED), you can see them tweeting between each other on twitter often too :)
- Annabel and nagi teamed up with Fukami Chie for an one-time unit called nana sea last year and the blog for the project has album liner notes for each of the girls as well as answers to questions from the other two.
- Has, at least, an elder brother.
- Can play the guitar.
- Solo debut official website at http://yanaginagi.net/top.html!
This stuff may be common knowledge I guess but… Yeahhh it’s hard to find any information about her really.
It feels more like stalking than digging for information lolol. Man this is actually pretty creepy isn’t it? If anyone knows anything else interesting please let me know! <3
September 4th, 2010 § § permalink
Host: Akesaka Satomi
Guest: Koyama Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi guesting on Akesaka Satomi’s radio, which I’m really surprised at lol. Tsuyoshi says he was told beforehand by the staff of the show to try and go light with the dirty stuff lol. Well we all know how that’s gonna turn out don’t we OTL.
- Tsuyoshi from the start tries to get Satomi to say “chin chin” cutely ahaha. She looks troubled and says “The agency won’t let meeee” that’s sexual harassment Tsuyoshi!
- They talk about when they first met, and he noted that when he introduced himself to her she seemed terrified of him lol. She comments that he looked scary with his sunglasses and how his body looked hah. Tsuyoshi then thought “Oh with this reaction, she’ll probably never talk to me again.”
- LOL Tsuyoshi almost says “Manko-chan” instead of “Mako-chan” to Satomi’s horror ahaha.
- Tsuyoshi: “Well you know, you’ll be making children in the future and stuff…” Satomi’s so cute when she’s getting harrassed by Tsuyoshi though lawl
- Tsuyoshi says that Satomi has absolutely no sex appeal OTL
- Tsuyoshi starts taking off his clothes lol, he says full naked is out so he’ll go half naked OTL.
- He then sticks a picture of Satomi on both his nipples, to her absolute terror ahahahha
Satomi: “I’ve been dirtied…. I’ve been dirtied by Tsuyoshi…”
- She begs him to take it off, but he then half takes it off exposing his nipple lawwl. When he finally removes it he yells in pain from pulling the sticker off ahaha.
- She quickly closes the show and tells him to go home after this point ahaha.
- When Tsuyoshi leaves, Satomi comments that he’s still outside the window, and then despairs that her manager didn’t stop him and instead started laughing when it all started ahaha.
Poor Satomi, she seemed like she was really suffering throughout the show at times ahaha. Well the two of them aren’t exactly strangers to each other and have met often, even outside work. She got really cute during the harrassment though lol. >:D
September 2nd, 2010 § § permalink
Hosts: Asumi Kana, Toyosaki Aki
Radio show for Which Witch, which appears to be some kind of collectible/trading card game..? If you’re confused to why it has a radio show, well it looks like they’re selling character songs based on characters from the game.
Well yeah, something like that. Hah. I’m just happy to hear Aki and Asumi on radio lawl.
- The two of them note that although they’ve talked with one another often, this might be the first time they’ve spoken to each other without anyone else present.
- Aki calls Asumi “Asumi-san” :(
- Aki keeps whacking the microphone lol.
- They play Asumi’s character song on the show, it’s not bad really :O Also it makes me think again that she really sounds like Nanjou Yoshino lol.
- Aki says that her middle school had a specific rule for “No Kancho’ing” lol… The funny thing is that the rule came around because a boy broke his finger while doing it ahahaha.
They ended the radio with Pachelbal’s Canon in the BGM, to their surprise “Are we graduating??” Aki then realises that Asumi’s character (Hanon) sounds like “Canon” and rejoices lol.
Why is Canon playing at the end anyway?