Hosts: Hanazawa Kana, Taketatsu Ayana
“My Little Sister (Even on Radio) Can’t be this Cute” Radio hosted by Taketatsu Ayana (Kousaka Kirino) and Hanazawa Kana (Kuroneko). The radio started before the anime recording had started but the cast had met up before in the recordings for the OreImo drama CDs. There was quite a bit of hype about this radio before it started but I never got around to listening to it till now.
- The two of them haven’t had much chance to talk before this point, as well as this being their first radio show they’ve worked on together. The radio starts off kinda introduction-y and awkwardly wonderful :D
- Kana decides to call Ayana “Ayachi” and Ayana calls her “Kana-chan”.
- Kana’s first impression when she saw Ayana was “What’s with this loli looking kid??” She thought Ayana could pass as a high school kid lol. She also comments that the clothing Ayana was wearing today was really cute.
- Ayana says she dresses differently when she’s not in events compared to everyday life. Kana says she’s cute today and for everyone to take a look at the radio photo lol.
- Ayana says she doesn’t have much of in the ways of hobbies, mentioning shopping and stuff lol. Kana herself says she doesn’t have much as well, saying she likes taking walks or reading books.
- Ayana has an elder brother and she says that she’s never thought he was cool, and that it should be normal lol. She then says that he’s probably never thought she was cute as well, to which Kana says “As if! With a little sister like you?!” Ayana replies that she doesn’t remember being doted on at all… In fact she remembers being told to do errands for him a bit lol.
- Kana has a little brother that’s far younger than her. She remembers a time when he was too scared to go to the toilet by himself so she had to go with him lol.
- Ayana’s a fan of Cardcaptor Sakura and many other anime (e.g. Ghost in the Shell lol) and says she’s a bit of an otaku.
- Kana comments that her little brother calls her “Nee-tan” when they’re alone and “Nee-chan” with friends, so one time she was feeling a bit mischievous and when his friends were over and he called her “Nee-chan” she replied saying “Nope, not nee-chan, nee-tan!” This was around when he was in Middle school.
- One of the corners have them being handed net abbreviations and slang and they have to guess what it means. This episode’s one was “wktk”, an expression for excitement and stuff like that, for details go read it up on http://bangin.wordpress.com/2010/06/19/internet-slangs-part-1/
- They guess that it’s an english abbreviation, “Work Talk” lol
- They then guess again it’s a merge of “Wasshoi ktkr” with ktkr meaning something like “It’s here!”, an expression of excitement of something’s arrival or appearance.
Kana: “Eh? Then where’d the ‘r’ go?”
- Next is “m9″ Ayana guesses that it’s the name of a gun lol. It’s actually an emoticon thing where it’s supposed to look like a hand pointing towards the viewer. m9(^Д^). It’s kinda hard to see at first isn’t it lol
- A listener sends in a mail describing Ayana as “a bit perverted and ‘M[Masochist in the lightest way possible]‘” and Kana as “quiet but actually pretty S[Sadist, again in the lightest way possible]” lol the two of them laugh and start asking each other about their personality traits. Kana in particular is amused by Ayana’s “perverted M” side, to her embarassment and denial lol. Kana asks the listeners to send in info about this side of Ayana to the show haha.
The two of them were a bit awkward at first but they really warmed up to each other and started to enjoy talking between themselves and it was a pretty fun episode. I’ll probably continue to listen to the other episodes :D