Hosts: Hanazawa Kana, Taketatsu Ayana
The opening script has Kuroneko/Kana teasing Ayana/Kirino about her pervertedness <3
- It’s been a while since the last episode while the anime recording still hasn’t started yet resulting in the two of them not having any chance to meet up in a while and they note that they’re both acting distant again. Kana accused Ayana of speaking really politely to her when they met earlier in the morning :O
- The two of them start talking about how otaku they were during middle school, mentioning anime that were popular at the time such as Prince of Tennis, Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, etc.
- Ayana was in the Broadcasting club and she broadcasted anime songs at school lol.
- The two of them talk about how trying to draw anime with shiny eyes when they were young is normal for an anime fan. I totally know what they mean lol, a lot of anime fans I know have at least tried to scribble an anime face in their spare time <3. The scribbles on the image are what the two of them drew during the radio show by the way, left is Kirino by Ayana, right is Kuroneko by Kana(to Ayana’s amusement lol).
- Ayana notes offhandedly that she had galge lying around at home when she was in elementary school lol. That’s a pretty big thing to say lol.
- A female listener sends in a mail saying she enjoys male oriented anime and attends their events but has trouble with height and stuff in those events. The two sympathizes with her and note that there has been quite a lot of female attendants at those kind of events recently though. They also talk about adding a female seating area lol.
- Ayana says she prefers male oriented themes as well, mentioning “moemoe” specifically. She says she didn’t attend many events though cause she was scared to go.
- Kana recalls looking for an Azumanga Daioh character song in Animate TV in high school, Ayana in turn talks about a time when she bought Horie Yui’s CD in middle school <3 Turns out she was a huge fan of Hocchan during her school days, though she hasn’t said anything to her about it yet. I love it when the seiyuu are seiyuu fans themself <3
- Ayana also mentions liking and buying Tamura Yukari’s CD and says that she really loved female seiyuu.
- Kana says that she wasn’t really that interested in seiyuu, except for loving Romi Paku as Ed in FMA.
- A listener from Germany sends in a mail to the “Internet Lingo” corner asking if they know the meaning of “lol”. Interestingly enough(?) they didn’t know what it was. Also the staff gave the answer as “Laughing out Loudly” …I guess it’s technically not quite incorrect in terms of grammar =/
- Ayana’s english is terrible lol.
- They mention that they haven’t traded mail addresses and plan to do exchange them later :D
There was a lot of otaku talk in this episode, Ayana, as expected, is pretty steeped in the otaku fandom, she mentioned that watched Gundam Seed this episode. What was surprising was that Hanazawa Kana was a bit of an otaku during school as well :O I’ll probably continue to follow this radio as it comes out, it currently airs fortnightly and is on it’s 7th episode. Not a whole bunch of episodes to catch up on really.