The previous OreImo post was probably the longest post I’ve written so far and I’m wondering… Do people mind long posts or are they too bloated to read at this point? I usually try not to get my word count too high per post since a long post in point format may be a pain to read but if people would prefer to read more I might just stop worrying about the word count.
On that note, I’m also wondering if people prefer the transcription format or the summary blurbs for the note points. Summary blurb points normally take a lot less room and I usually cover more points of the radio with them, on top of that it may be easier as well as faster to read so I’m not really sure which one to use more of.
You can see an example of a full summary blurb post at this other episode of OreImo Radio. You might notice that I end up writing about a lot more different points of the radio since it takes a lot less space if I use summary points compared to transcriptions where I only cover a few points of the radio. I started with this sorta format and I’ve been gravitating to the transcription format over time but if people find it harder to read I can stick with the notes. Keep in mind that I’ll most likely continue to use a mix of the two, I’d just like to see which one people would prefer to read and I’ll probably just tip the balance of the two within a post more in favor of the dominant choice.
I tried to use the transcription format for the most part of the previous OreImo Radio post but it may have just become a really bloated and long winded post. So once again to reiterate, 1. Which format would you prefer to read? and 2. Are long posts a pain to read?
Which type of post formatting do you prefer?
- I prefer the summary blurbs, that way there'll be more content and it's easier to read for me. (5%, 6 Votes)
- I prefer transcriptions, they're easier to read for me and I enjoy reading them more. (68%, 78 Votes)
- I don't mind either one. (27%, 30 Votes)
Total Voters: 114
Do you prefer longer posts?
- I prefer shorter posts which I can read and absorb quickly with no hassle. (1%, 1 Votes)
- I prefer longer posts so I can read about the radio in more detail. (87%, 104 Votes)
- I don't mind either way. (12%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 119