November 19th, 2011 § § permalink
….Well not really, the two of them just spontaneously started this little act in the middle of their radio lol. This was from their “あおい・さおりの新番組(｀・ω・´)/Aoi, Saori’s New Show (｀・ω・´)” episode #25 on 2011.11.17. This was a part that I found particularly amusing~ I actually wrote about this on my Soup Mini-blog initially but it ended up longer than I expected so I decided to turn it into a full post here instead.
Note: Hayami calls Aoi “Oi-chan” while Aoi calls her “Misao”.
The video I embedded doesn’t actually start from this point, this is just a bit of background info I translated from the original radio that wasn’t included in the audio excerpt.
Hayami: What would you do if you could travel through time?
Aoi: Rather than going to the future I’d like to go back in time.
Hayami: Hmm? How far back would you go?
Aoi: Maybe sometime around kindergarten?
Hayami: Oh that would be interesting!
Aoi: Playing soccer and stuff back then was so fun…
Hayami: Yeah it was wasn’t it.
Aoi: That was happiness right there.
Hayami: Yeah~ But there’s plenty of happiness in the present as well!
Aoi: Yeah definitely!
————Video starts here————–
Aoi:…But now that we’ve come this far I’ll say this… I think I’ve actually got the ability to travel through time.
Hayami: …?! Huh? What? What is this all of a sudden? *laughs*
Aoi: Well it’s Autumn and it’s really pretty and all so it’s awakened the power sleeping within me. So I can travel through time now.
Hayami: *laughs* Really? You’ve got that power now?
Hayami: No way! Then do it!
Aoi: Okay I’ll go see you as a child for a bit!
Hayami: What? No way! Uh… Okay go for it…
Aoi: I’m off! Tiiiime LEAP!
*Aoi makes sound effects of her traveling through time and then landing*
Aoi: Hmm? Could you be little Misao?
Little Hayami[AKA. Hayami using a loli voice lol]: Who’s Misao? My name is Saori…
Aoi: MISAOO!! YOU’RE SOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEE
*Little Hayami makes squirming noises （*´▽｀*）*
Aoi: Ahh sorrry for being so creepy~
Little Hayami: Eehh?
Aoi: I love little girls! *laughs* [LOL]
Little Hayami: Eeehh? What?
Aoi: In the future, when Saori-chan grows up, me and you will be super close friends!
Little Hayami: With onee-chan? [Note: Little Hayami calls Aoi "onee-chan"]
Little Hayami: Onee-chan who are you?
Aoi: Well you see, that’s for you to look forward to in the future!
Little Hayami: Eh?
Aoi: Well it’s time for me to head back before I lose control.
Little Hayami: Aww I don’t want you to go! Onee-chan don’t go!
Aoi: AHHH YOU’RE TOO CUTEE! I’m getting enveloped by the light! TIME LEAAAP! *laughs* What’s with this act?!
Hayami: Ohh! Oi-chan you’re back! *laughs*
Aoi: Ah I’ve used all my remaining magic points… In many ways. *laughs*
Hayami: You’re back! Where’d you go?
Aoi: I actually went back to visit little Misao.
Hayami: Oh? What was it like?
Aoi: You were cute~
Aoi: So cute~
Hayami: I wasn’t a little brat?
Aoi: You were really cute. You were saying “Wait~ Don’t go!” to me as I left~ I was thinking that maybe I should’ve just stayed there…
Hayami: *laughs* You can’t do that! We won’t be able to continue on if you do!
Aoi: Yeah that’s right… Not until our MariColle event at least [Note: MariColle is their radio event they're holding on the 26th of November. The name comes from a shortening of it's full name, Marine Collection]
Hayami: MariColle! MariColle!
Aoi: MariColle! MariColle! *laughs* [Note: The two of them are laughing at how similar this sounds to "なにこれ！/What's with this?!"]
Hayami: And this is how we wrap this up?! *laughs*
The remaining few seconds is of the two of them talking about how she won’t make it to their upcoming radio event if Aoi stays behind in the past. [Edit: I added the remaining few lines of text with an explanation of MariColle, I couldn’t be bothered to translate it the first time round due to not really wanting to the explain their little joke of “なにこれ！” into “マリコレ！” as well as what MariColle refers to lol]
Hayami’s loli voice was so adorable~ <3 I’m so amused that Aoi just started this little drama impromptu in the middle of the radio and Hayami just followed through so naturally ahaha.
September 18th, 2011 § § permalink
Hosts: Hayami Saori, Yuuki Aoi
Guest: Kotobuki Minako
A recent episode of Yuuki Aoi’s and Hayami Saori’s radio show guesting Kotobuki Minako. I’ve mentioned before that the three of them are pretty close but this is the first time the three of them have been together on radio if I recall correctly. (EDIT: And it looks like I was wrong. Minako had guested on the first episode of the show making this the second time they’ve been together on radio) Hayami and Aoi had met each other for the first time when the show started, though they were already pretty friendly with Minako but it looks like the three have gone out together in their leisure time ever since and have interlinked their friendships pretty nicely <3. Incidentally they celebrated Minako’s birthday on the episode, despite her birthday being on the 17th of September, a couple days after the broadcast of the episode.
- The two of them refer to Minako as “Our wife” lol.
- They pretend that they don’t have a guest but…
Hayami: We forgot to mention something VERY important!
Aoi: That, right?
Hayami: Yeah that! …Wait do you get what I’m referring to?
Aoi: Yeah that? That.
Hayami: You’re making a face that says you have no idea! *laughs*
Aoi: *laughs* No, no! It’s that, right?
Hayami: So with that… September the 17th is… Our wife, Kotobuki Minako’s birthday!
Aoi: Yeah! That’s it! It’s Mina-chan’s 20th birthday! I want to have a birthday party for her! Lets have one now!
Hayami: Right now?
Aoi: Right now!
Hayami: That’s pretty sudden. What should we do? Should we phone her?
Aoi: How about we all just call out to her. Everyone join in with us! Everyone all together now!
Hayami: Everyone yell out “Mina-chan!” One, two!
Hayami + Aoi: “MINA-CHAAAN!”
Minako: “Did you call~?”
Hayami+Aoi: She’s here!!
Aoi: Sorry for the little act at the start for your intro *laughs*
Minako: *laughs* No, I’m glad you made such a fuss about it!
- They brought in cake to celebrate Minako’s birthday \o/
- Minako and Hayami say that they were both 14 when they entered their respective seiyuu agencies.
- Aoi is the youngest of the three, making her the last of them to reach 20.
- Hayami’s a great listener!
Minako: My image of a mature and elegant lady? When I see a girl who’s good at listening I think that’s great. I’m the type of person who talks a lot so someone who listens well is wonderful.
Aoi: For that image Hayami would be the ideal!
Minako: Yeah that’s right isn’t it?
*Hayami goes all modest and denies it*
Minako: When the three of us go out it’s always me and Aoi doing most of the talking *laughs*
Aoi: Yeah! *laughs*
Minako: She’s the one who listens, directs the conversation and starts the topics!
Hayami was all modest and denied the praise throughout the exchange <3
- Minako spoke about her photobook and brought it in for the two of them and they fangirled over her for a bit at the end heh.
I find it amusing how they refer to Minako as “Our wife” <3
August 18th, 2011 § § permalink
Hosts: Hayami Saori, Yuuki Aoi
Guest: Sakura Ayane
Amusingly they kept the name for the show with the slight change of removing the “Temporary Name” and turning it into the “Doya” emoticon. “Doya” in japanese is a kind of expression best described as a triumphant, sorta looking down on someone kind of face expression. This is also used in the email address of the show, which was changed to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. The origin of the “doya” in the show is from the two of them wanting to grow into a mature and strong willed woman and the show has various corners centred around the two of them as they try to act as their ideal woman where they would commonly use this strong willed expression in an assortment of situations.
- Sakura is currently in her summer vacation and says she hasn’t really been going out much during the holidays lol.
- The first time Aoi met Sakura was backstage last year at TBS Anime Festa, though they didn’t appear in the same event. She thought she was an adult woman but was shocked to find out that she was younger than her haha. Yeah Sakura gets a lot of comments about how she doesn’t look her age.
- Sakura remembers that Aoi was in a maid uniform lol
Sakura: She was in a maid uniform!
Hayami: Ah! I want to see a picture of that!
Sakura: I saved that image into my mind~ <3
- Hayami laughs that although she is Sakura’s senior in I’m Enterprise by three years, Sakura looks so mature that she forgets it all the time hah.
- Sakura recalls her first impression of Hayami was “Wow this person has a different aura to her than normal!”
- Drivers license
Sakura: I want to get a driving license…
Aoi+Hayami: Yeah same here…
Hayami: Let’s all get one!
Aoi: And I really want a car like that Transformers one!
The three of them hit it off really well and Sakura says that she would really love to come again and pronounces that she’ll definitely guest again in the future. Sakura and Aoi in particular laugh that they seem like they could be pretty close friends <3
I really love how well Sakura handles herself on radio. She’s an interesting and amusing person to listen to and she’s only 17! :O Also on an unrelated note, I find it amusing how both her last name and first name sounds like a female first name heh.
May 24th, 2011 § § permalink
Hosts: Hayami Saori, Yuuki Aoi
A new radio show that’s just recently started hosted by Yuuki Aoi and Hayami Saori. The name’s pretty funny but it’ll probably change soon, it looks like they’re asking listeners to shape the show by submitting ideas for the title and corners.
- The two of them laugh that the title’s kinda weird and Aoi says that the title really hasn’t been decided yet.
- The two of them comment that this is the first time they’ve spoken to one another on radio, and the day before was the first time they spoke to each other since they went out for dinner to try and get to know each other before the show began. Yeahh you can really tell them stumbling around and how nervous they are lol.
Aoi: “I sent that mail in a serious tone about how we should have dinner for the radio program, but really I was grinning while thinking “I can use this opportunity to get closer to Hayami!” as I sent it <3″
Hayami: “That’s alright, I was doing the same when I replied”
- They decide on new nicknames for themselves rather than ones they’ve been called often. Aoi says she’s been called “Oi-chan” at University recently and they decide on that for her. For Hayami, Aoi decides to call her “Misao” from the Haya-MiSao-ri part of her name and Hayami laughs that it’s a new nickname for her that she hasn’t been called before.
- Aoi says her hobbies are “Watching videos and drawing” She’s pretty much talking about watching stuff on the computer lol.
- Hayami says she doesn’t watch many action films and mostly comedy or dramatic ones that make you cry. Aoi comments that when she watches a sad film she cries so hard that people would avoid her lol.
- Aoi mentions that she went to watch the movie “The King’s Speech” with Kotobuki Minako the other day. Looks like the two of them are still as close as ever since the Hyakka Ryouran radio :D
- Hayami’s first impression of Aoi
Hayami: “The first thing I thought was ‘So cute!’ and your smile is really wonderful”
Aoi: *mumbles and gets embarrassed* “Really? *giggles*”
Hayami: “And when I met you yesterday I thought you were really an interesting person and I loved how easy to talk to you were”
Aoi: “Really? I kinda rant a lot though…”
Hayami: “You listened really well and it was really fun talking to you!”
- Aoi’s first impression of Hayami
Aoi: “You had the impression of an elder sister like neighbour, and I really love those types of people, you really followed my conversations!”
- Aoi in a sentence
Aoi: “If I was to describe myself in a sentence… “A girl who wants to live in the 2d world””
Aoi: “I want to fight demon lords and get sucked into another dimension through the toilet and be a character that looks good with pink hair”
Sometimes I think Aoi references Madoka but I’m not sure lol.
- Aoi mentions that she loves Gundam 00′s Lockon Stratos’ character.
Aoi rants about gaming and other otaku stuff on occasion but Hayami follows her really well even if she has no idea about the subject :D