Guest: Sugita Tomokazu
Dubbed as an “Internet Television” show back then but is more like a present day radio show + video. It’s hosted by Kawasumi Ayako as the main personality with her “cute airheaded rookie seiyuu assistant” Noto Mamiko(lol). This was done in 2001 so Sugita and Mamiko were both 21 and Ayako was 25 at the time. Incidentally this is the final episode of the show.
The show is split into different sections, with the people changing as well. Mamiko sits out for a couple and Sugita sits out for another couple.
Also, lol at Sugita’s T-shirt.
- Sugita’s a really new rookie at the time but he’s as free as ever lol. GJ Sugita!
- People send in mail saying they don’t know who Sugita is lol. A lot of things change in nine years don’t they hah.
- He promotes the two shows he’s currently performing in with the other two as X with Mamiko and Ayashi no Ceres with Ayako. He also talks about appearing in “A new series that’s about to air called ‘Onegai Teacher’” lol that’s nostalgic.
- Mamiko’s first impression of Sugita was someone who seemed serious at first, but then suddenly says something funny, she found that a bit mysterious about him.
- Sugita does his Wakamoto imitation, to the other two’s delight lol.
- Back then Sugita was only doing voices for villains and his mother was complaining to him about that lol. Presently Sugita’s been mostly doing good guys now if I recall correctly though. Other than Macross Frontier that is.
- Ayako tells Sugita that he doesn’t seem like a young person, and more like an old man lol.
- Sugita says that when he gets drunk he doesn’t change that much.
- Sugita’s voice has gone lower in these nine years lol.
- Mamiko being teased for being an airhead was pretty cute <3
- Sugita still makes references regardless of if the other personalities will pick up on it hah.
- Ayako finishes up the program saying “Well as everyone can see, Sugita is a pretty strange person” and she plays a 20 second or so song that she made about him on piano ahaha.
- The translation of the lyrics go something like this:
“Sugita-kun is a very strange person, he always has a troubled face. But he has a very good voice, he’s a very mysterious person.” lol that’s so Nodame-like Ayacchi~
Interestingly, Sugita and Mamiko’s careers moved at pretty much the same pace. They had both debuted at a similar time, Sugita at 1999 and Mamiko at 1998, at this time they were very new rookie seiyuu with barely 1 regular role to date in their career and had only been in the industry for a couple of years. Similarly their career started skyrocketing at a similar time in 2003/2004. Ayako, as the main personality of the show herself was already a pretty prolific and well established seiyuu at this point.