September 18th, 2011 § § permalink
Hosts: Hayami Saori, Yuuki Aoi
Guest: Kotobuki Minako
A recent episode of Yuuki Aoi’s and Hayami Saori’s radio show guesting Kotobuki Minako. I’ve mentioned before that the three of them are pretty close but this is the first time the three of them have been together on radio if I recall correctly. (EDIT: And it looks like I was wrong. Minako had guested on the first episode of the show making this the second time they’ve been together on radio) Hayami and Aoi had met each other for the first time when the show started, though they were already pretty friendly with Minako but it looks like the three have gone out together in their leisure time ever since and have interlinked their friendships pretty nicely <3. Incidentally they celebrated Minako’s birthday on the episode, despite her birthday being on the 17th of September, a couple days after the broadcast of the episode.
- The two of them refer to Minako as “Our wife” lol.
- They pretend that they don’t have a guest but…
Hayami: We forgot to mention something VERY important!
Aoi: That, right?
Hayami: Yeah that! …Wait do you get what I’m referring to?
Aoi: Yeah that? That.
Hayami: You’re making a face that says you have no idea! *laughs*
Aoi: *laughs* No, no! It’s that, right?
Hayami: So with that… September the 17th is… Our wife, Kotobuki Minako’s birthday!
Aoi: Yeah! That’s it! It’s Mina-chan’s 20th birthday! I want to have a birthday party for her! Lets have one now!
Hayami: Right now?
Aoi: Right now!
Hayami: That’s pretty sudden. What should we do? Should we phone her?
Aoi: How about we all just call out to her. Everyone join in with us! Everyone all together now!
Hayami: Everyone yell out “Mina-chan!” One, two!
Hayami + Aoi: “MINA-CHAAAN!”
Minako: “Did you call~?”
Hayami+Aoi: She’s here!!
Aoi: Sorry for the little act at the start for your intro *laughs*
Minako: *laughs* No, I’m glad you made such a fuss about it!
- They brought in cake to celebrate Minako’s birthday \o/
- Minako and Hayami say that they were both 14 when they entered their respective seiyuu agencies.
- Aoi is the youngest of the three, making her the last of them to reach 20.
- Hayami’s a great listener!
Minako: My image of a mature and elegant lady? When I see a girl who’s good at listening I think that’s great. I’m the type of person who talks a lot so someone who listens well is wonderful.
Aoi: For that image Hayami would be the ideal!
Minako: Yeah that’s right isn’t it?
*Hayami goes all modest and denies it*
Minako: When the three of us go out it’s always me and Aoi doing most of the talking *laughs*
Aoi: Yeah! *laughs*
Minako: She’s the one who listens, directs the conversation and starts the topics!
Hayami was all modest and denied the praise throughout the exchange <3
- Minako spoke about her photobook and brought it in for the two of them and they fangirled over her for a bit at the end heh.
I find it amusing how they refer to Minako as “Our wife” <3
September 12th, 2011 § § permalink
Host: Hayami Saori
Guest: Kotobuki Minako
Although this is the first time we’ve heard Minako on the radio show, it seems like the two of them recorded a special episode for the release CD of the show with Minako guesting there as well, making this actually the second time she’s come on Freestyle. Apparently they spoke for over one and a half hours when recording for that episode lol. The two of them are really friendly with one another, with Hayami mentioning on a previous episode that the seiyuu she was the closest to was Minako. Incidentally Minako’s also really close with Yuuki Aoi, who is of the same age as both of them, though Hayami on the other hand had just gotten to know Aoi recently on their new radio show. It looks like ever since then the three of them have been pretty interlinked though <3
- Hayami mentions that she’s attended a Sphere live performance before :D
- Random trivia: Minako dislikes tomatoes.
- Ahaha apparently they had FRST Mints as merchandise for the show on sale at Comiket. Note the “HAYA MINT” on the top left of the box lol. - Minako mentions that she’s been growing out her hair :O
- The show has Minako measuring her grip strength on one of the corners. Incidentally, Hayami had done this test on a previous radio episode and her results were:
Right: 19.1 kg
Left: 16.9 kg
Upon hearing this Minako comments “That’s… *laughs* Really weak isn’t it?” lol. Yeahh if I recall correctly thats well below average for women. Speaking of grip strength in seiyuu, I think Toyosaki Aki’s was at about 35 kg…? I think they had them measure up their grip strength in K-ON’s radio though I’m not 100% sure. Don’t quote me on it!
…Also I seem to recall Sugita being at about 45 kg perhaps? Yeah I’m not sure at all.
- Minako ends up with these results:
Amusingly her left hand is weaker… Even though she’s left handed lol. It seems like that’s about the average grip strength for women though.
- They did another activity afterwards where they had Minako count up the total of ten random coins and record her time compared to Hayami’s and she beat her in that too. Go Minako :O
- The two of them realise with surprise that this is the first time they’ve been in a radio studio alone together, the two of them are really close and have gone out together and spoken with one another often so the realisation that this was their first time in a radio studio together really shocked them. Incidentally I did mention above that this was Minako’s second time on Freestyle but it seems that the special episode wasn’t recorded in a radio studio booth, which is why this was their first time in a booth together.
Notes on Kotobuki Minako
Though I haven’t ever written anything about Minako, I’ve actually been more interested in her recently. I hadn’t paid much attention to her previously due to… Well honestly, I disliked her voice acting work and I really do prioritise that about a seiyuu before I decide to follow them. Lately I’ve been finding Minako’s seiyuu work to be reasonably more enjoyable though so I’ve let up on her and have started looking up her radio work.
…And on that topic, I’ve just recently gone through the whole Hyakka Ryouran radio with her and Yuuki Aoi which, although I haven’t written a thing about the show, I found really amusing to listen to. So that’s that. I like Mina-chan now <3.
July 13th, 2011 § § permalink
Name: 伊藤かな恵の超ラジ! Girls
Host: Itou Kanae
Guests: Toyosaki Aki, Kotobuki Minako
An old ChoRaji Girls radio episode guesting Kotobuki Minako and Toyosaki Aki from around 2 years ago. Kanae sticks yellow stars around the studio from a suggestion to make her two guests happy and they love it :D. Aki comments that the stars really fit Kanae and Minako laughs that she thought the stars were always set up for Kanae’s radio to give it fantasy kinda feeling lol. The two of them promote Sphere and their new single Super Noisy Nova. Oh and if I recall correctly Minako would still be in high school at this time.
- This is the first time Minako and Kanae’s been on radio together though they’ve met multiple times in recordings and other occasions. Aki chirps in that she’s always with Kanae in recordings and Kanae agrees that they’re always together :D
- Super Noisy Nova was recorded with them all together rather than individually :O
- Kanae laughs that the scene in the PV where they’re all swirling in a cup looks really fun and the two of them joke that they should take her to have a ride in it :D - They teach Kanae a bit of the dance and Aki pronounces Kanae as the 5th member of Sphere ahaha.
- They fawn over how cute Kanae is while she struggles with learning the dance hand signs aksfjlkjadsfkasjd I’m also dying hereaasdkfjadslfjk. They play the music in the background while they dance to it <3
- The three of them talk about how fun the ManiMani recordings are :O
- Aki says that the most wonderful part about the ManiMani event where they sung in a planetarium was the part where Kanae cried :D. Poor Kanae was embarrassed about it <3
- One of Kanae’s corners have them being quizzed on general knowledge. This episode has the questions taken from the ones Kanae didn’t know from the beginning of the show.
The first was “What does BLT stand for?” Kanae’s the host of the quiz so she knows the answer now, but the other two look pretty confident and she despairs that it’s probably an easy one, though she didn’t know the answer lol.
In the end Aki answered correctly with “Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato” and Minako answered… “Barbeque Royal Toast” ahaha.
- One of the questions was “Write ‘Guitar’ in english”… The same question that Aki and Kanae did last time Aki came as a guest :O What a coincidence.
Minako says she has confidence in her answer this time and… Answers “Guiter” which is wrong ahaha. Aki gets it right this time \o/ She laughs that she wrote it as ‘guiter’ last time to Minako.
- In the end Aki gets all of them correct while Minako answers 2/5 correct.
- Minako calls Kanae “Itou-san” once during the radio. This… Might be the first time I’ve heard Kanae being called Itou-san… It’s kinda weird lol. Kanae points it out as well haha.
- Kanae mentions the ED she sung for Taishou Yakyuu Musume, ‘Yume Miru Kokoro’ and Minako exclaims out of nowhere that she loves the song, surprising Kanae :D I love that song so much too… Even though I kinda dislike Kanae’s singing in her other songs D:
Kanae is so adorableajsdfhajkdsfhladsjhkf how can she be so cuteeahdsjklfahldsfkhasldfjhasdjf
June 4th, 2011 § § permalink
More random radio scribbles, not so Hanazawa Kana filled this time though!
Hanazawa Kana no Hitori de Dekiru Kana? #89 on 2011.05.25.
- Hanazawa Kana woke up at 4 am for the shooting of the Roukyuubu PV lol
- Kana had shared a room with Hikasa on the location filming of the PV and they talked with each other all night long :D
Sugita Tomokazu no Anigera! Dedoooon #56 guesting Nakamura Yuuichi on 2011.05.19.
- Situation of what excuse would you say if you broke your friend’s limited edition Ranka figure while trying to pose it in in impossible positions.
Sugita: “What would you say in that situation ‘Alto‘?”
Nakamura: “Huh… She broke so easily…”
Sugita: “Whaat Nooooo! I’m sorry for calling you Alto!”
Nakamura: “And then I’ll add “I guess I’ll go with Sheryl then””
Sugita: “You’re terrible!”
Lol Sugita and Nakamura as great as ever :D
Hayami Saori’s Freestyle #2 on 2011.04.12. Hayami Saori’s weekly solo radio.
- Which seiyuu are you close to?
Hayami: “I’m probably the closest with Kotobuki Minako. We speak to each other a lot and I often go out to eat with her”
Hayami: “One day I was out with my university friends in a pasta shop… And I thought I saw someone familiar entering the shop. She was wearing a flu mask but I realised it was Minako, and right next to her was Tomatsu Haruka! Apparently they were out together outside of work as well. I was like “Aah!” and she also went “Aah!” when we recognised each other. I guess things like that really do happen~”
- Younger seiyuu you’re close with
Hayami: “I haven’t met many seiyuu younger than me… There really aren’t that many, but I’ve gone out to eat with Hidaka Rina a couple of times. I’m not a scary senpai to her~”
November 9th, 2010 § § permalink
I’m amused that Tomatsu Haruka’s new single ‘Baby Baby Love’ debuted at #9 on Oricon’s daily ranking again. This makes it the fourth single from the Music Ray’n girls to hit their highest daily ranking record of #9 but not surpass it. Incidentally the other three were Haruka’s ‘Motto Hade ni ne’, Aki’s ‘Love Your Life’ and most recently Minako’s ‘Shiny+’. Yes poor Ayahime isn’t included here :(
Perhaps we can look to Aki’s next single to finally break #9? がんば Aki~!
If it ends up touching but not passing #9 again I’m gonna laugh :D
Edit: Dill debuted at 11 lol. Well there’s still Minako’s and Ayahi’s tied-in single for this month :D
Edit 2: Aki’s new single Shun Pu debuted at #5 on 2011.04.13 lol. The streak is broken, go Aki!
September 16th, 2010 § § permalink
Kotobuki Minako’s Shiny+ debuts at #9 on Oricon’s daily charts. Congrats to her, especially without a tie in :O.
Interestingly enough, I don’t think any of the Sphere girls has ever gone above #9 in Oricon’s daily rankings for their solo work, though they’ve hit #9 many times. The streak continues? Heh.
August 4th, 2010 § § permalink
Decided to do a rough sketch of Sphere’s A.T.M.O.S.P.H.E.R.E cover for fun.
Hmm they look pretty different OTL
I’ll decide later on whether to finish and colour it.
Also in my opinion, as much as I love Aki the most, Haruka is the best looking person in Sphere :3
June 29th, 2010 § § permalink
Hosts: Toyosaki Aki, Taketatsu Ayana, Satou Satomi, Hikasa Youko, Kotobuki Minako
Live audience recording. Looks like they’ve added Taketatsu Ayana to the personality list.
- The 5 of them were choosing their favourite scene from K-On!
- First up was Satou Satomi, who chose: Episode 11, where Mio comes to visit the sick Ritsu scene.
- Second was Kotobuki Minako who chose: Last episode, where Yui comes in to the hall to play.
- Third was Taketatsu Ayana who chose: The scene where Yui hugs Azusa from behind when she was all tsun’ing. I loved this scene as well <3
- Fourth was Hikasa Youko: Episode 6 at the school festival where Mio is practicing alone in the club room but everyone else comes.
- Last was Toyosaki Aki who chose: The last episode when she leaves the house after going back to pick up her guitar. Before the scene starts showing Aki says “untan!” I love you Aki <3
- I love Aki’s ‘ufufufu’ laugh <3 <3