Random radio scribbles! I’m surprised I haven’t put these on here yet :o
- Itou Kanae goes to a pitching centre for her solo radio, 伊藤かな恵の夢かな？ラジオ #7, to try and throw a ball at 60 km/h.
The goal was originally 50 km/h but last episode, upon hearing that nano.RIPE’s vocalist Kimiko could throw at around 80, Kanae said that 50 was probably too easy and raised it to 60. She gave the reason that she had been in the Softball club too.
And so this episode when she actually went to measure her pitching speed she managed to reach… Only 43 km/h lol. She didn’t even reach the original goal of 50! Let alone her revised goal of 60 ahaha.
- From “ラジオ腐りかけ”/Radio Kusarikake.
The radio is normally hosted by Seki Tomokazu and Paku Romi but they were absent for the episode and KitaEri and Shintani Ryouko were brought in to host the show. This was just something I found amusing from the episode. A bit of back info, the “Kusari” uses the same kanji as the “fu” in “Fujoshi” meaning rotten or corrupted.
KitaEri: The reason why they called us in is because we’re “fujoshi”. What do you think about that? Shintani: Hmm well, I’m not really sure what it means to be a fujoshi anymore. I’ve always thought it was a girl who was really in to BL but lately it seems to refer to any girl who’s an otaku. When it’s put that way I guess I’d be a fujoshi… But I’m not that into BL… KitaEri: Yeah that’s right! Rather than BL WE PREFER GL! Shintani: Yeah!…. ??! Eh??? *laughs* KitaEri: *laughs* That made you pause for a bit!
- From Sugita’s Anigera Dedooon #100 on 2013.01.24:
Sugita: Kanemoto-san[Kanemoto Hisako] said this to me before, Nakamura, you call her “Ika” or “Ika-chan” don’t you? *Tanaka laughs* Nakamura: Actually, the other day she came up to me and said “Do you even know my name?!” *Sugita and SP Tanaka laughs* Nakumura: And I was like “Of course I know your name! Kanemoto-san right?”
- Sugita mentions that he and Toshimichi Mori likes the Cirno Perfect Math Class song ahah. For those who don’t know it you can see it here:
- Kanako says “nyu” accidentally…
Sugita: Did you just say “nyu“?? Kanako: I didn’t! I did not! Sugita: You did! Kanako: Did not! Toshimichi: You should just say “Nyu” back when he asks that! Kanako: Huh?? Sugita: Did you just say it?? Kanako: Nope I didn’t~! …Nyu~! *Awkward pause* Imai: Ah he looks happy! This is the first time in a while that I’ve seen him so happy! Sugita: I– I’m not that happ– Well if I said I wasn’t happy then that’d be bad wouldn’t it! Imai: I guess so… Imai + Kanako: Lets go to the next mail! Sugita: Yeah while we’re in this awkward atmosphere.
- Sugita keeps doing an imitation of Isomura Tomomi lol, I’ve heard him using it in his own radio quite often as well, it seems like he likes that imitation right now haha.
Sometimes it’s hard to find things to write about in an episode lawl, not sure if that’s because I wasn’t listening though :S It was another fun episode of BluRaji though~ It looks like Morikubo Shoutaro is coming as a guest for the next episode.
This episode has Faylan on as a guest, the screen represents her as a yellow cat holding a microphone heh. Apparently it was from a picture she drew herself.
- Everyone is weird except for me!
Imai: The people in BlazBlue are all a bit weird in their own way aren’t they? Sugita: Oh that includes you right? Imai: *puts on a sweet voice* Eh? I’m normal~! Sugita: WHAT A LIE! Imai: I’m sorry! *They all break out laughing*
Lol the way these two play around and yell at each other is so in sync~
- A listener sends in a message saying that the english title of “Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend” is too hard to read so they should make it easier to read… And Sugita jokes that they should make the title screen easier to read with Hiragana instead leading to this image lol. What is this ahaha, it’s like a game for preschoolers!
- Faylan says her favourite characters were Makoto and Bang. Makoto because she loves her tail and Bang because of his… Abs ahaha.
- Imai bathing with her brother!
Sugita: Have you ever entered the bathroom when your brother was bathing without knowing it? Imai: We used to bathe together when we were children… Kanako: Until when did you stop bathing together? Imai: Around the second year of grade school? Kanako: Ah that’s pretty early! Imai: Yeah I think it was the earlier parts of grade school. But every year at new years eve I was always trying to get my whole family to bathe together but everyone refused… What am I talking about?! Why am I talking about this?! Who brought the conversation here?! *They all laugh*
- You’re cute Imai!
Sugita: Ah you’re being cute again, why are you always doing that? Imai: I’m not cute! Not cute at all! *hisses* *Imai and Kanako laughs* Sugita: Imai-san, it’s time to acknowledge it yourself. Imai-san, you are cute…. *Imai mumbles and fidgets* Sugita: What is this?! You’re supposed to yell at me and tell me to shut up here! *The two of them laugh* Sugita: What was with that reaction?! Imai: I was thinking about how I should react *laughs* But really as I get older it’s harder to react to that! When I was younger I’d be able to go “What are you on about!?” but now I have no idea how to reply to that *laughs* Even if I know it’s a joke it might be weird to say something like that so I really don’t know what’s the best way to reply to something like that!! Kanako: But you are cute! Faylan: You really are! Imai: Hearing that from girls makes me really happy~ *They all laugh* Faylan: You’re super cute!
Oh wow Sugita saying something like that to Imai made her so flustered, she was so panicky throughout this whole segment ahaha.
I’m so glad that there’s so much BlazBlue radio left to catch up on, I hope they keep on releasing more!
It’s been about a year since Hayami’s come on to guest. As a bit of background information, SP Tanaka is normally a writer under the name of “Mafia Kajita” but Sugita brought him on to to talk on the show when the radio started and he’s pretty much become a co-host rather than an assistant at this point heh.
- Mail from a listener refers to the guest as a “Misao-san”.
Sugita: Misao? Tanaka: Who’s that? Sugita: Misao…? Ahh! It’s from that radio she’s doing with Yuuki-san. Tanaka: Ahh… Sugita: It’s from parts of her name, “HayaMI SAOri”. Tanaka: Ahh! Really? Sugita: And Yuuki Aoi became “Oi-chan”. Tanaka: *laughs* “Oi-chan”?? Sugita: Yeah I told her “It’s because people call out to you with “oi” isn’t it?” and she got really mad at me. *Tanaka laughs*
- Sugita mentions that he saw Yuuki Aoi’s gijinka(human version of a non-human object/thing) cellphone drawings.
Sugita: I saw Yuuki Aoi’s drawings of her cellphone gijinkas. They were amazing. She was like “This is Misao’s cellphone~” to me.
For those who haven’t seen them:
Top left is Aoi’s cellphone, top right is Kotobuki Minako’s, bottom left is Toyama Nao’s and the bottom right’s is Hayami’s cellphone.
- Hayami was given New Love Plus and she’s currently playing it lol, she still hasn’t gone to the dating stage yet in the game though.
- When talking about her Freestyle radio, Hayami mentions that they ordered pizza and had the delivery guy stay and talk on the show for a bit lol. That’s…. Really random orz ahaha.
Sugita (as well as SP Tanaka) was doting on Hayami the whole time throughout the radio as expected lol. He must’ve called her cute more than 20 times over the course of the hour haha. Hayami was squirming underneath all the praise and compliments they showered on her haha :D.
Nomizu Iori voices Serika for BlazBlue, a character that has only appeared in the novels and Drama CDs IIRC. I really didn’t expect they’d bring her on :O.
- Imai calls Sugita “Sugiko-chan” at the start, referencing a time recently when he crossdressed lol.
Sugita: Eh…? Sugiko-chan…? Imai: *laughs* Sugiko-chan~ That was Sugiko-chan that I heard about wasn’t it? Sugita: That was Mizuki Eri. Imai: Ah is that so? Dear me! I thought it was Sugiko-chan! *Kanako laughs*
Imai is poking fun at when Sugita crossdressed at Comiket a couple of weeks before this episode lol, here’s an image of it for those interested lol: The text at the bottom says “His eyes are lifeless…” by the way haha.
- Nomizu voicing a playable character.
Imai: Let’s ask Nomizu-san if she’d like to have Serika as a playable character! Nomizu: I do! I haven’t really appeared much outside the drama CD, the drama CD and the novels are only one part and I’d really love to go “Ha!” and “Yah!!” as well! Imai: Ah that’s right, “Yah” and “Hah!” there’s no fighting scenes in the drama CDs are there?
… Imai: The recordings for a fighting game are really unique aren’t they? *Sugita + Kanako agree* Imai: You record a lot of those finishing lines and it’s also very taxing to your energy.
- If you could spend one day in the BlazBlue world who would you spend it with?
Nomizu: Well I love Arakune so I’d like to be with him~ Imai: What do you like about him?? Nomizu: I want to squish him~ Imai + Kanako: Squish him?! Kanako: That’s something we haven’t heard before!
- Nomizu mentions that she hasn’t met Isomura Tomomi before and laughs that Sugita’s impression of her is gonna stick in her mind. Imai follows it up saying that Isomura is pretty much how Sugita portrayed her ahaha. Kanako refutes it though.
- Sugita mentions that he received a new years greeting card from Nomizu~
- Random trivia: Nomizu is a single child.
Nomizu didn’t really speak much throughout the radio lol, she probably had trouble mixing in with the extreme Sugita + Imai pair lol, even the co-host Kanako has trouble at times when these two go crazy haha. The next episode has Faylan guesting on the show :O I wonder how that’ll go.
Radio for the Tales of Xillia game hosted by Jude’s voice Yonaga Tsubasa and Milla’s voice Sawashiro Miyuki. This episode has Sugita Tomokazu coming in to guest who plays the role of Alvin.
- Describe Sawashiro in one sentence.
Sugita: I love how she gets angry when she’s embarrassed~ Sawashiro: Shut up! *Yonaga laughs*
- The seiyuu job…
Sugita: I think if I didn’t have this job I wouldn’t be able to integrate well into society. Sawashiro: Ah I can see that. Yonaga: “Ah I can see that”?! *laughs*
Oi Sawashiro you’re not supposed to agree with him here!
- About Sawashiro as a child.
Sugita: Sawashiro-san’s been cute since forever. Sawashiro: Huh?!
- Sawashiro likes Sugita’s voice :D
Sawashiro: What I think is amazing is that when you put Sugita’s voice on an uncool character they end up becoming cool. Sugita: Ah really? Yonaga: I agree. Sawashiro: Sugita’s voice is really elegant like that.
- About Milla, the character Sawashiro voices.
Sugita: She’s pretty much Sawashiro. Yonaga: I see. Sawashiro: She’s like me? Sugita: Milla’s personality and the way she comments on things is like Sawashiro. Yonaga: Yeah. Sugita: So with that, lets have you cosplay. Sawashiro: What?! How did this lead to me cosplaying?! Sugita: Lets have you cosplay. Yonaga: A Milla cosplay for June! Sugita: Yeah!
… Sugita: Alright? You’re cosplaying. Yeah? Sawashiro: If I succeed with my diet~ Sugita: *laughs* You’re saying the same thing Satou Rina did. *The three of them laugh* Sawashiro: She’s already pretty thin though!
Lets keep an eye out for Sawashiro’s cosplay when June rolls around ;)
- Meeting Sugita as a child.
Sawashiro: When I first met Sugita I was 14 years old and he was pretty much the same as he is now. Yonaga: Ah really? Sugita: I’m pretty much unchanged. Sawashiro: We were in the same training school. Yonaga: Wow really?! Sugita + Sawashiro: Yeah.
… Sawashiro: I thought he was an alien or something! *Yonaga laughs*
… Sawashiro: I didn’t know when he was joking and when he was serious! I was like “What’s with this person?!” *laughs* I was watching him from afar at the time though. Yonaga: I know what you mean, when I first met Sugita I wondered how I should approach him. Sawashiro: Yeah you do wonder about that with him.
- About Hayami Saori…
Sawashiro: I wonder what Hayami’s like. Sugita: She’s a really rare person. To give my honest opinion about Hayami, I’m still not sure about something for her. She’s either a SUPER nice person, or a really really smart person at handling people. *Yonaga laughs* Sugita: But! Even if she is just good at handling people, I wouldn’t mind being deceived with that! Sawashiro: *laughs* I know what you mean. Sugita: I’ll be happy with just that! Yonaga: I’d also be happy with that! Sugita: Probably everyone would be. *laughs* *Yonaga laughs* Sawashiro: It’s like she’s not hiding anything behind her at all. Sugita: Hayami’s really good at listening but she doesn’t really talk about herself that much. Sawashiro + Yonaga: Ah I can see that. Yonaga: We’d want to hear her talk about herself. Sugita: Yeah when she comes on to guest, dig into her to talk about herself! Sawashiro: She seems like she’d be able to lightly brush off attempts to ask about her though.
- They bring in a cake to celebrate Yonaga’s birthday :D. His birthday is on the 15th of January by the way.
- Upon hearing next episode’s guest is Hayami Saori, Sugita rejoices and jokes that he’ll come even though he hasn’t been invited to guest ahaha.
So it looks like Hayami’s going to guest on the next episode and the two hosts are going to ask her about herself rather aggressively :O I’ll probably want to listen in to that :D
Square Enix’s sponsored radio hosted by Yasumoto Hiroki. The radio airs weekly and started recently on October 2011. The members in the photo from left to right are: Yasumoto, Sugita, Nakamura, Nishi and Arikawa. Arikawa is a 21 year old gravure idol with hopes(?) of becoming a seiyuu and Nishi is a rookie seiyuu in her early 20′s(I think?) currently employed at Sigma 7, the same agency as Nakamura. She hasn’t taken a main/supporting anime role yet as far as I can tell. The assistants don’t quite talk much, leaving most of the talking to the main personality Yasumoto, for the most part they help out with announcements and corners. Arikawa is there for most of the recording but Nishi swaps in for a corner for about 10-15 minutes midway through the episode.
The two guests, Sugita and Nakamura are here to promote two anime, one is Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and Inu x Boku SS. Nakamura doesn’t appear in Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou though, while the three of them appear in Inu x Boku SS so it looks like he sits out for the first 10-15 minutes while they talk about the anime.
- Sugita’s commute to high school was 40-50 minutes by bicycle :O Wow. He then secretly got a motorbike license and rode it to school, though he parked far away so as to not get found out. Apparently his school didn’t allow it and would’ve taken his license if he was caught.
- It looks like Yasumoto went to a boys high school.
- Err I’m not sure if this is obvious information or not but Nakamura mentions that Fujiwara Cocoa, the mangaka for Inu x Boku SS is a girl.
- Nakamura mentions that Hikasa Youko’s the eldest girl at the Inu x Boku SS recordings and she’s called “old lady” there ahaha. Arikawa is shocked at first to hear this but Yasumoto explains to her that Hikasa enjoys and brings that sorta humor on herself haha.
Sugita: Hikasa-san’s the type of person that if you tell her “Ah you don’t need to say anything funny, just sit and relax” the atmosphere would become super awkward.
… Yasumoto: But yeah she’s a good person. Sugita: Yeah I agree. Yasumoto: If she’s there the place becomes a lot brighter. Sugita: Yeah.
… Yasumoto: But yeah that’s what the recordings are like. Where everyone teases and plays with Hikasa-san. Nakamura: Yeah really. Wait no, it’s different! I’m not that I want to tease her! It’s cause she’s so annoying! *laughs* Yasumoto: *laughs* Oi! I just wrapped up this topic so nicely and you continue with that?! Nakamura: She’s noisy! Yasumoto: Well yeah if I had to say… Nakamura: Hanazawa-san [Hanazawa Kana] reacts that way too! She’s like “You’re annoying!” Yasumoto: Ahh well she’s the type that digs in pretty hard. Nakamura: Yeah. Yasumoto: Well everyone, just know that Hikasa’s a nice person. *laughs* Nakamura: Right, we’re not saying this in a bad way. *laughs*
Ahh the Hanazawa x Hikasa combination going as strong as ever~ :D
- Arikawa’s a big fan of anime, which of their shows is her favourite?
Yasumoto: So which of Nakamura’s anime that he’s appeared in is your favourite? Arikawa: Huh? Nakamura: Oh? Are we gonna ask her that? Arikawa: Umm.. Er… The throwing balls with a huge action one. [Lol AKA. Ookiku Furikabutte] Yasumoto: Ah that one.
… Yasumoto: And what about Sugita? Arikawa: Mmmm…. Well it’d have to be the one where he’s being led around by a girl who loves aliens. [Aka. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu!!!!] Sugita: Ah the one with “yare yare” in it [Kyon's pet phrase] Arikawa: Yep that one!
- When Nishi embarrassedly says that she’s never played Final Fantasy before Nakamura yells at her “Why are you here on this radio then?!” lol. She then mentions that she’ll be playing the new FFXIII-2 though and Sugita + Nakamura yell at her again to at least play the first FFXIII before she does that haha.
I… Haven’t played a single Final Fantasy game before too lol OTL.
- Lol poor Nishi was bullied by the three of them quite a bit during the radio. Mostly by Nakamura, her senior in the same seiyuu agency heh.
- Nakamura mentions that he’s heard from anime staff that this year, 2011, has had a lot of original anime do well mentioning Madoka Magica off the top of his head.
It looks like Nakamura and Sugita will be guesting again on next week’s episode \o/.
“Daily Conversations of High School Boys” Radio for the upcoming anime series “Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou/Daily Lives of High School Boys”. The radio is really short at around only 15 minutes long.
- Sugita mentions that he came from a countryside town and that when he first came to Tokyo and breathed in the the air he choked at how much more polluted it was OTL.
- First names…
Irino: The radio script says to call each other by our first names just like in the anime but… Let’s just leave that be. We’ll just call each other how we always do. Sugita: Yeah. I mean “Miyu~~” That’s kind of weird… Irino: “Tomokazu~~” *laughs* Sugita: What’s with that?? *laughs*
- Sugita calls the show an “S&M Radio, featuring Sugita and Miyu” lol.
- Nakamura Yuuichi…
Sugita: I initially started Twitter to talk with Nakamura. Irino: Ah I see. Sugita: He was like “You should go on twitter! At this rate it’ll look like I’m just talking to myself over here!” Irino: That’s pretty cute~ He wont tell you directly that he wants you there with him *laughs* Sugita: Yeah, that’s him.
… Sugita: What is he like towards you? Irino: Huh? Well he’s like “You’re annoying…” and stuff to me. *laughs* Sugita: Don’t worry, if he thought you were really annoying he wouldn’t talk to you at all *laughs*
I’ll probably follow the radio but I’m not sure if I’ll write something about it every episode. Perhaps depending on the guest?
Once again Toshimichi Mori is present in the recording room though he doesn’t really speak much unless spoken to until the end.
- Sugita calls Kanako’s new album “Nazo Jam” due to how they both end with the same syllable, a reference to Akiko’s “mystery jam” from Kanon lol.
- Sugita talks about a time when he escorted a lost kid to their mum and the woman then told him “Ah… If that’s all you’re here for could you please leave already?” lol. That is haaarrsh OTL. He mentions that he passed the character audition that he took right after though as a positive point.
- When asked to rank the three characters in order of how well they’d fare at seducing the other sex out of Carl, Relius and Valkenhayn, Imai puts
Reasoning that Carl will definitely grow to be a handsome young man and he’d appeal to the shotacons out there lol… Kanako then reminds her that the question was who’d be the best at seducing and Sugita laughs that this isn’t supposed to be a ranking of “Who Imai would like to date” ahaha. Imai then admits that she likes Carl.
- Incidentally Sugita wrote:
…In other words, the voice actors of each character lol, Be-san is Suwabe Junichi’s nickname.
- And lastly Kanako wrote:
This is exactly how I would’ve ranked them too.
- The net survey ended up with these results:
- On the other hand, they also took this survey at Shinjuku, asking the normal people there what they thought and ended up with these results:
It’s… Exactly the same lol.
The next episode is set to broadcast on January 26th, 2012 :O Yessss more BluRaji!
No guest for this episode but Imai’s back to host the radio! Imai watched the previous episode of BluRaji where she was absent and laughed that she saw one of the tags on the video was “Inai Asami” instead of “Imai” with “inai” meaning “absent” haha. By the way, Toshimichi Mori, the producer for BlazBlue, is also present there in the recording room though he didn’t talk much unless asked a question or to chip in some further information about BlazBlue.
- Imai laughs that Sugita’s smirking expression when he grabbed her hand at the previous BluRaji event was burned into her mind ahaha.
Sugita: I was silent throughout the whole hand grabbing thing. I was probably enjoying myself. Imai: …Really… When I glanced at you during this you had this really happy looking creepy smirk on your face! I’ve had that image burned in my mind and I can’t forget it! I was seeing it in my dreams for the next few days! Sugita: In your dreams?! That’s one nightmare! Imai: It was like a nightmare! *laughs*
- Imai mentions that she’s been getting a lot of mail from fans saying that her character, Tsubaki, has become much weaker with the latest version of BlazBlue and she asks Toshimichi Mori if that’s true lol. He denies it but… The comments say otherwise ahaha.
- Sugita says that he was speaking with an animator the other day and he was told “To be an animator you have to love drawing?! No way! You have to draw LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT” lol. Animators… Sounds painful OTL
- One of the corners have the three of them acting out a situation where their character embarrassedly gives out their email address to a person they like. On top of that they have to adlib their dialogue in character haha. First was Kanako’s turn as Noel.
Kanako(Noel): “Umm… I like you a lot… Umm this is my email address! Would you swap addresses with me?? Thubak_noel_makoto@bluradi.ne.jp” Sugita: Oh you added her friends’ names into her email address. Kanako: Yeah you know how you add people’s names that you like as your email address! Imai: Umm hold on for a moment… Kanako: Hmm? Imai: “thubak“…? Kanako: AHH!! AAH! Imai: You’re forgetting the “i”!! AND YOUR TSUBAKI’S “TSU” HAS AN “H” INSTEAD! *laughs* Sugita: *laughs* That’s two mistakes! Kanako: I’ll fix it! Imai: Thubaki?! Thubaku?! *laughs* Sugita: Tubakuu!
- Next is Imai as Tsubaki.
Imai(Tsubaki): “Eh? Ji-Jin-sama, you’d like my email address? …Umm… I don’t have a cellphone. Nope, not at all. AH! Jin-sama! *he grabs her cellphone* Umm… Well… My email address is… Lovefirstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry…”
- And finally Sugita’s turn as Ragna.
Sugita(Ragna): “Email address? JUST HAND OVER YOUR MESSAGE IN PERSON …Is what I’d like to say but since I don’t own a cell phone I grabbed one from over there. It’s address is “Rinkoemail@example.com”” *The other two snicker in laughter*
By the way, the cell phone Sugita’s talking about is SP Tanaka’s, his radio assistant in his solo radio Anigera Dedooon lol. SP Tanaka is a known fan of Rinko from Love Plus and is a pretty creepy person in general haha. Imai thinks Sugita’s talking about himself at first but Sugita corrects her saying that his [Love Plus]girlfriend is Manaka not Rinko and she apologises ahaha.
- Sugita makes fun of Imai’s laugh saying that she laughs like an old woman lol.
There wasn’t any announcement of a next episode so it looks like we’re back to waiting in limbo for another episode :( [EDIT: That's what I get for writing this at 2 AM OTL, the next episode was actually announced to be on the same day as the release of Continuum Shift Extend on December the 17th \o/ Hooray!]