April 3rd, 2012 § § permalink
Okamoto’s nicknames were something that puzzled me for a while when I first heard them and I had always wondered how it actually started and it wasn’t until sometime last year that I found out where they came from…. And I found their origins hilarious hah. Just a quick warning, a lot of the humor in the post is dirty humor lol. I don’t usually write about dirty jokes but this was too funny to pass up lol orz. For those that know enough Japanese to listen in, this video has most of what’s covered in this post.
The whole thing started when Okamoto guested on Inoue Kikuko’s radio “Inoue Kikuko Miwaku no Oshaberi Melon” sometime in between 2009-2010. Kikuko asks him what do people normally call him and he replies saying that he’s normally called by his name, “Okamoto-kun, Okamoto-san” etc. Kikuko, unhappy that he has no nickname tells him to start using a nickname and she tries to make one up for him there. After playing around with Noburin or Nobucchi, to Okamato’s chagrin, Okamoto mentions that he’s been called “Piko” once before, from the “hiko” part in his name “Nobuhiko”. Kikuko finds it cute but still not satisfied with it she changes it to “Pikorin” to his shock. He finds it amusing and embarrassing but Kikuko laughs saying that she’ll use it and try to spread it around, though she doesn’t know if it’ll stick. And that’s where the “Pikorin” name comes from; Inoue Kikuko was the one who stuck it on him. But then there’s the second part, the “Shikorin” part, which was started by Mafia Kajita and is where the dirty jokes come in lol. Okamoto and Mafia Kajita currently run a radio show together called “Radio 4Gamer” where they talk and play games on screen. On one of the episodes, episode 5 on the 6th of May 2010, Yasumoto Hiroki was present as a guest and they played a PS3/Wii game called “No More Heroes” where you play as a character who needs to charge their beam katana by shaking the controller/controller stick at certain times. The problem comes in when you see the animation in game, the character basically holds the katana hilt at his crotch with both hands and starts shaking it furiously in a rapid vertical up and down motion… orz. The other piece of the puzzle is the meaning of “Shiko/シコ”, the word is a colloquial slang best substituted with the english slang “fap” where it references the sound and the action. It was the first time Okamoto was playing the game while the other two were pretty experienced already so they put him in control while they watched and guided him as they plunged him right into a hectic boss battle. Throughout the experience Okamoto needed to charge the beam katana multiple times and with everytime the other two quipped a sexual innuendo lol. I’ll translate a bit here:
Yasumoto: Here’s where you do that legendary motion *laughs*
Yasumoto: Quick! The legendary motion!
Kajita: Hurry! It’s ShikoShiko time!
Yasumoto: Super ShikoShiko time!
Okamoto: Even though I’m in the middle of fighting?! *The three laugh*
Okamoto: Ah so if I charge this I can continue fighting?
Yasumoto: Yeah so if your beam disappears you have to do that legendary motion. Oh and while you’re doing that you’re completely defenseless so you have to time it right.
Okamoto: Ah well that’s natural of course for any man.
Yasumoto: Oh you’re out, it’s Super ShikoShiko Time! …
Okamoto: Oh I’m out that means…
Yasumoto: Right! Super ShikoShiko Time!
Kajita: You’re too slow! Try to go upwards faster!
Okamoto: Like this?! *Boss comes and slashes at Okamoto*
Yasumoto: Oi! You’re gonna die! *laughs* You’re Shiko-ing too much! *laughs even harder*
*The three of them laugh*
Yasumoto: You’ll die if you Shiko that much. Death by Shiko-ing! *laughs*
Replace “Shiko” with “fap” and you’ll probably understand how surreal and hilarious this conversation actually is orz. Fast forward another episode later and Kajita’s reading mail from a listener…
Kajita: “Shikorin, Kajita, good evening!” *Staff laughs*
Okamoto: Hmm? Hold on a minute there, just to make sure, I think I must’ve heard wrong but I thought I heard a “Shikorin” there… Was it really written there?
Kajita: Ah sorry I misread it.
And since that point it continued to spread, Sugita started using it on his Dedooon radio and caused it to spread like wildfire lol. By the way, although the nickname has spread to the ears of other seiyuu, amusingly Okamoto has refused to explain the reason behind the “Shiko” in the nickname… One recent happening that I found hilarious was on Guilty Crown Radio #10, 2012.02.24 hosted by Kayano Ai and he came on as a guest and the topic of nicknames came up…
Okamoto: I’ve got other nicknames as well, such as “Pikorin”
Kayano: Ah! And what was that other one… “Shikorin“?
Okamoto: Err yeah… THAT! Umm.. Sorry I can’t explain the nickname. *Kayano laughs*
Kayano: Umm okay then… But I remember one time when we were at an event together the audience was all “SHIKORIN!!!” and I was wondering “Why is it ‘Shiko‘?”
Okamoto: Well he wasn’t involved in this anime but it was to do with a certain “S_gita”…
Kayano: *laughs* Ahh!
Okamoto: And there’s this bald “SP” with sunglasses with him. [Kajita sometimes goes by the name "SP Tanaka"]
Kayano: Ahh I know him!
Okamoto: And he was the one who stuck that name on me. I… Can’t tell you the reason why though.
Kayano: Ah okay… I won’t ask too much about it then…
Kayano: Then how about I call you “Shikorin“!
Okamoto: No! You can’t do that!! The agency won’t allow it!!
Kayano: *laughs* Ah really?
Okamoto: You can call me Pikorin though.
Kayano: Okay then I’ll call you Pikorin, you can call me “Kaaya”~
Ahh clueless Kayanon~
February 19th, 2012 § § permalink
Name: GUILTY CROWN RADIO COUNCIL
Host: Kayano Ai
Guest: Taketatsu Ayana
This is the first time the two of them have been on radio together, Kayano mentions that she’s a bit nervous heh.
Kayano: I’m actually pretty bad at cooking…
Kayano: Yeah it’s always really dangerous when I’m cutting vegetables…
Ayana: That’s unexpected, I always thought you would be good at this sort of feminine stuff!
It looks like Kayano likes cooking though :D
- Kayano comments that Ayana would look good in an apron.
- About Episode 7.
Kayano: Gai in a Tuxedo…
Ayana: He was so cool!
Kayano: Having him in a tuxedo is cheating!
Ayana: Yeah! The blonde hair really fits him.
Kayano: Yeah it does.
Ayana: And that blonde hair plus the white tuxedo was such a great match.
Kayano: And then you have Nakamura’s great voice on top of it…
Ayana: Yeah seriously!
Kayano: As a girl it definitely gets you squealing!
- Ayana says her favourite character is Daryl.
- Kayano’s first impression of Ayana.
Kayano: We first met at… Summer was it?
Ayana: Yeah I think so.
Kayano: My first impression of you was… Well when we first greeted each other I was thinking big and round!
Kayano: Your eyes! I felt like I was getting sucked into your eyes!
Ayana: Eh?? That’s the first time I’ve been told something like that!
Kayano: I was thinking that I really wanted to talk with you more!
Kayano: But if I was to say my first impression of you, I’d put it at “Too cute!”
Kayano: I wanted to watch you!
Ayana: Ah… I’m turning red… *laughs*
Kayano: And you’re always drinking juice!
- They mention a time when Ayana had a chocolate smudge on her script and she had circled it with a pen and labeled it as “Chocolate” in case someone had mistaken it for a certain… “Other brown coloured unpleasant object” Lol.
- Ayana’s first impression of Kayano.
Ayana: My first impression of you was… When we first greeted each other I thought you were a really fluffy person!
Ayana: I thought you were a really feminine person!
Ayana: Yeah you were like *high soft voice* “I’m Kayano Ai from Pro-fit~” And you were overflowing with this floatyness! And I was thinking “Wow!”
Kayano: I was really nervous at the time *laughs*
Kayano: Yeah, it was my first recording so I was super nervous.
Ayana: But you were always smiling and whenever someone would talk with you you were like “Yees~?” with this elegance about you! You had a really calm and relaxed atmosphere about you.
Kayano: Ah thanks.
Ayana: And you seemed like you’d know a lot about health and beauty products too.
Kayano: We had a conversation about that sometime didn’t we?
Ayana: Yeah we did.
- Ayana says that though she changes depending on if the other person is an S or and M, she’d probably categorise herself as an M.
Kayano: First I’ll start with not calling you “Taketatsu-san”!
Ayana: Eh? What will you call me then? I’m getting nervous!
Kayano: What would be good? I wanted to decide this today~
Ayana: We’re always using “-san” aren’t we?
Kayano: Right, do you have a nickname in particular?
Ayana: What do you normally get called by?
Kayano: Umm, well I’m called “Kayanon” quite often but… *laughs*
Kayano: Kayanon, or Kaya-chan.
Kayano: I’ve been called a lot of things, I don’t think I’ve got one in particular.
Ayana: Hmm what do you want to be called?
Kayano: Huh?? Anything would be fine! “Ai” would be fine too!
Ayana: Ai? Ai-chan?
Kayano: I’m called Kayano-chan on occasion too.
Ayana: Ah I call you Kayano-chan sometimes too, but you know how you feel like theres a bit of distance between you if you use their surname so I was thinking that I’d want to use your first name.
Kayano: I see, then Ai?
Kayano: Just “Ai” would be fine too~
Ayana: Eh with no honourifics?! Really??
Kayano: Is that bad?
Ayana: I’m getting embarrassed! *laughs*
Ayana: Just like “A~i~“? *laughs embarrassedly*
Kayano: Calling me just “Ai” makes my heart skip a beat actually! *laughs*
Ayana: Then okay I’ll call you “Ai“!
Kayano: What do you normally get called by?
Ayana: Well I’m usually called “Ayachi” or “Aya-chan“… But you can call me just “Aya” or “Ayana” if you want~
Kayano: Really? Hmm what should I call you by… Then how about “Aya” then.
Ayana: Just “Aya“?
Ayana: *laughs* Just calling each other “Ai” and “Aya” gives off a fuzzy feeling doesn’t it? *laughs*
Kayano: It does! *laughs*
Ayana: Uwaah I’m getting really fidgety!
Lol wow the radio suddenly took a turn for the yuriyuri ahaha.
These two were pretty nervous from never talking with one another properly before so it was a bit fidgety at times but that’s the charm of these first time meeting sort of radios~ :D These two started to get along pretty well though by the end.
November 29th, 2011 § § permalink
Name: GUILTY CROWN RADIO COUNCIL
Hosts: Kayano Ai, Kaji Yuuki [Apart from #0, the hosts alternate with each episode]
Guests: Nakamura Yuuichi for #1, Shimamura Yuu for #2
Date: 2011.11.07, 2011.11.14, 2011.11.21
Radio for the currently airing Guilty Crown. Interestingly enough the radio has Kayano Ai and Kaji Yuuki as hosts but they alternate with each week. It looks like the male guests will be handled by Kaji and the female guests will appear with Kayano. The only time the two of them are together are for the first episode, episode 0.
- Kayano laughs that her first impression of Kaji Yuuki is that of a cute person, comparing him to a puppy haha. She then apologizes for saying that even though he’s older than her and her senpai as well.
- Kaji says he found out about her on his own from when he heard her in a certain “secret base” anime lol. Anohana!! It looks like he’s a fan of it and he’s bought the BluRays for it as well~ Kaji then opens the radio with “Ah… Anohana was great”
Kaji: Ah… Anohana was great.
Kayano: What? What’s this all of a sudden??
Kaji: I just thought I might as well just say the title out loud (Instead of saying “a certain ‘secret base’ anime” lol) This is Noitamina afterall!
Kayano: Yeah we’re all comrades!
Kaji: Yeah as Noitamina anime!
- The two of them were full of praise for Supercell’s songs and Redjuice’s art. I’m a huuuge fan of both of them so I was happy to hear stuff like this from the two seiyuu <3
- Kayano say’s she’s no good at english, although she took a lot of classes for them in high school she laughs that she doesn’t remember a thing at all from them anymore.
Note: M = Masochist, or in this light context, someone who enjoys being teased. S = Sadist, once again in this context it means someone who likes to tease people a lot.
- Kayano tries to push Kaji into saying some embarassing lines for the radio and Kaji laughs that Kayano is definitely an S lol. Kayano laughs saying that she’s been told that often, but she herself thinks that she has a bit of both M and S in her. Kaji says he’s an S as well. Err is that really true? I don’t know for myself but I’ve heard otherwise from fans lol.
- One of the corners has Kayano saying embarassing lines to seduce someone and Kayano laughs that she’d want to hear Taketatsu Ayana and Hanazawa Kana say these instead ahaha.
Kayano: I want to hear things like these from Taketatsu-san. Or Hanazawa-san!
Kayano: I want to hear it from them! *laughs*
Kaji: Kayano-san, you’ve got a bit of a boy’s mindset in you don’t you *laugh*
Kayano: Yeah I agree. There are times when I think I’m actually a boy…
Kaji: *laughs* How in the world can you think you’re a boy from someone like you?
Kayano: I’ve been told that my personality is pretty manly from a long time female friend.
- Kayano says that she’s a fan of No.6[Previous Noitamina anime where Kaji voices the lead character] as well and knows Kaji from there :D
I want to see Hanazawa Kana come guest :D It’s pretty likely she’ll appear too since the staff seems intent on bringing the whole cast in \o/
GUILTY CROWN RADIO COUNCIL #2 guesting Shimamura Yuu on 2011.11.21.
- The two of them stayed up to watch the first episode of Guilty Crown :O It aired at 1:30 AM if I recall correctly.
- Nakamura Yuuichi and Kaji Yuuki sent the two of them a message from the previous episode asking them a question each. Kaji’s question was to Shimamura: “Your skin is really fair~ Do you do anything special to it?” He commented on how he thought Shimamura was half Japanese when he first saw her as well and Nakamura agreed.
Shimamura: Eh? My skin is really fair? Kaji’s skin is even more so isn’t it?
Kayano: Rather than “fair” his skin is more “pallid” *laughs*
- Nakamura on the other hand mentioned that he heard that Kayano and Kaji spoke to each other about if they were an S or an M but… The way Nakamura put it was “a talk about S&M” OTL (For those not in the know, S&M is… Actually I don’t want to explain it, look it up lol) Kaji then quickly corrected him that they were talking about S and M personalities and Nakamura laughed that he didn’t say it in that way on purpose. Which Kaji didn’t believe haha. Either way he asked if the two of them were an S or an M. We all know Kayano’s an S from the first episode of the radio, as well as from Ben-To’s radio but it looks like Shimamura’s an S as well. Shimono was right!! There are so many girls in the seiyuu industry that are S and the guys are all M ahaha.
- It looks like Kayano and Kaji cosplayed in their character’s school uniforms :O Kayano commented that it was really comfortable and Shimamura says she wants to try it on too.
I’m really in love with Kayano’s voice right now （*´▽｀*） I should probably just add her to the “Seiyuu I’m Following” page at this point lol.
I’m pretty much just absentmindedly running through the first few episodes of this radio to keep an eye on it so the post is rather messy and might feel more similar to a Random Radio Scribble post. I’m watching to see what kind of guests come on~ :D